Maple Nectarine Pork Topper
Fruity goodness to serve with pork or poultry.
Write a review
- 4 slices uncured bacon, sliced crosswise
- 1 red onion sliced thinly
- 1- 2 nectarines
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Brown the bacon on low heat until the pieces are crisp. Add the sliced onion and sauté until they are beginning to soften and brown. Add the syrup, nectarines, and garlic. Continue cooking on low until the onions and nectarines are soft and syrup reduced. Add salt to taste. Serve with pork or poultry.
- This came about when I cooked my first pork chops (really steaks) from my CSA. I wanted to be creative with my cooking; fancify it for my friend.
- Adding a shot of brandy, whiskey, or red wine would add a new dimension of flavor.
- Play around using other fruits, fresh, frozen, or dried.
Seven Points Farm http://sevenpointsfarm.com/